Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Snow Made Me Happy Today!

Hey, everybody!  Living out here in the mid west you never know what the weather might be each day.  Last night we had a tornado watch and this morning woke up to some snow!  Don't like the tornado watches or warnings, but being from Northern Ohio, I LOVE the snow!

I hopped out of bed, anxious to get out and run in the little bit of snow we did get, LOL!  It was SOOO cold which is what makes it more fun!  I bundled up, ran a few quick errands, picking up a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks to down before my long 10 + mile run.

Before heading out I thought I'd take a few crazy self portraits.  I'm a photographer and really enjoy days like today where there is snow, fun hats, gloves and all, but I decided to pull out the 3D glasses from the movies.  I had been recycling them, but lately decided to keep them and use for  our upcoming family Christmas pictures.  I decided to have a little fun with them today though.

The run was nice.  I ran 6 miles before my Garmin went dead...REALLY?  It's a good thing I had my cell phone GPS going.  I hit 7 miles before I came upon a porta potty that had blown over in the street...OH BOY!  Had to take a shot of that, LOL!  So, I'm running, waiting to eventually hear my gps lady tell me I had hit 8 miles.  Well, I kept running and running and knew it was time to hear 8 miles, but nothing so I decided to pull my phone off my arm and look.  Sure enough I accidentally must have hit PAUSE!  UGH!  I hit the RESUME and continued on.  I'm sure I had probably ran about 9.5 miles by that point, but decided I'd go ahead and stop when the phone read 9 miles.




Overall it was a great day!  AND, I finally got a winter hat today.  It finally felt and looked like winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to fRAN'S RUN BLOG!