Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Skora Running Shoes Review


SKORA RUNNING SHOES

Hi!  My name is Fran.  I’m a wife, busy mom of three kids, assistant track coach, blogger and marathoner.  A BIG thank you goes out to Skora Running for introducing me to their Skora Running Shoes!  I was super excited to receive a pair in the mail about a month ago.  I opened the cool Skora shoe box and checked out the unique shoes with an X-strap system  which I thought was a unique option for running shoes.  After checking them over, feeling and bending them to get a feel of their flexibility, I slipped my foot into them into the lightweight shoes. I was shocked that they didn’t have that stiffness to them and felt as if I had been running in them for awhile-true comfort!!



 To be honest, I had not heard of Skora Running shoes so I checked out their website and their facebook page and LOVED what I saw!  So many options to choose from and the different color combinations are amazing!  I SO want the whole collection-ha!


The Skora’s have a unique look about them and I hoped they would offer the performance I would need as an endurance runner.  Since I’ve become an endurance runner I have found that you must have the right pair of shoes to get you through your training runs, races and a shoe for everyday use to maintain correct body movement.  Being a busy, on-the-go sports mom, I spend a lot of time running the kids all over to their games, which I really enjoy and spending a lot of time in the ballparks and I need a shoe to work with me all day long.



To get a feel of my running shoe background, I have mainly worn the New Balance Minimus and have gone through two pairs of them and since before my first marathon in April, 2013, had started training in the Brook’s Pure flow Connects and also wore them in my marathon.  Since receiving the Skora’s I have gone on short runs to get the feel of them and my runs have been enjoyable and my feet comfortable.  I love the BASE R01.  They weigh 6.5 oz / 184 g. They have a 9mm Forefoot/heel stack height and 4mm Antimicrobial insole with a zero-drop construction.  I love a shoe that mimics the barefoot and these are just perfect and what my body loves.  The BASE also offers a high tensile stretch upper, full sockfit, high abrasion rubber with the Skora logo on the sole, stitch-down construction and reflective details, perfect for running at dusk or night.  The R01 system, is composed of 3 parts: outsole, midsole and insole. With a total stack height of 13mm (9mm without insole), the R01 system provides a moderate amount of cushioning with excellent grip and great groundfeel. The outsole is made from a durable, high abrasion, high density rubber with low profile tread. The midsole is CM (Compression Molded) EVA, with anatomical flex grooves that allow for great flex and movement.
Like all the outsoles, the R01 system has been designed to match the natural foot shape with curved heel and sidewall profiles and a concave forefoot to allow for natural motion.



Their motto is right…RUN REAL.  I aim for a shoe that allows whole-foot landing and allows me to run real.  There’s less impact on the body.  Give your body the best in footwear!  A natural-fit shoe like Skora are my #1 shoe for running and for everyday day use and I’m so glad to be a new fan of these shoes! 




I loved them so much that I made my first purchase with Skora.  I purchased the PHASE Dark Purple R02.  I LOVE them!  My experience with customer service was great and even though I was having an issue with my credit card (on my end) for about 15 minutes, the sales guy was very patient and understanding and soon my purchase was complete.  The shipping is FREE (BIG PLUS for me!) and was very fast and I LOVE that when I’m eager to get them so I can get them on my feet!  I had them in less than a week.  The packing was wonderful.  I also received a return label with clear instructions, not that I needed it!




The shoebox is so cool and I love the Skora shoe details attached inside the box.  This company even designed the coolest shoe box.  It has a magnetic closure with a cloth pull tab to open and close.  I now have something to store my race medals in, LOL!



I HIGHLY recommend Skora running shoes!  I love the Skora Running facebook page!  I love scrolling through the photos of the customers of them wearing their Skora’s.  They are a lot of fun!  The page also offers great info and inspirational quotes as well.  Please go and give them a like and tell them that I Run Long sent you! To see their shoe line, please give them a visit at;








Twitter @skorarunning

Instagram @skorarunning


Visit the facebook page of I Run Long at www.facebook.com/irunlongalways




8 comments:

  1. Those are awesome looking shoes. I will have to check them out. I am new to running again after 20+ years I decided I wanted it back so I started and love it all over again. I am in the market for a new pair of shoes. The ones I have tried have too high of an instep or are too cushy. These sound perfect for what I need and they look great. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good deal! Hope you have checked them out! Thanks, Bobbi Jo :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome review fRAN. I run in only Skora's and love to see the word get spread out and more people love the shoes. Keep up the awesome work and continue to Run Real.

    www.Trirunningdad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you so much for reading it! Sorry, I'm just now seeing your response and excited that you commented. I have seen your profile picture on the site. Love it!!! Love my Skora's and how lucky you are to be an ambassador :) Looking forward to following your blog.-fRAN

      Delete
  3. Since I'm very fond of shoes; this blog post has given me good insight about shoes. Good work Fran, keep posting more informational articles about shoes.
    Love you!
    Take care
    Men Shoes UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would imagine such an idea would have the Zapatillas Running Baratas companies issuing legal writs in a mad panic, but instead they realized that most people were not actually going to run barefoot.


    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bought stylish Coach boots from online shopping website. it was my first experience with shopping websites and loved the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love collecting different style of running shoes and as of now I have twenty pairs of running shoes. Anyway, I saw your blog contains very wonderful shoes and I want to have this Skora Running shoes soon. I will ask my husband to find and buy this kind of shoes. Thanks!

    If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://www.boex.tv/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to fRAN'S RUN BLOG!