Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 26, 2012

Running My First Full Marathon in 2013!

I'm so excited about running my first full marathon!  It is scheduled for Sunday, March 2nd, 2013 in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I have about a good 12 weeks to get ready for it.  I am an experienced half marathoner so it should go just fine.

Yesterday I put in 15 miles in about 2 1/2 hours.  I plan to run another somewhat long run later this week, maybe 8 miles.

I have no idea of a goal for my first full.  I'm guessing maybe 4-4 1/2 hours.  I know in races I tend to run a lot faster than my training, but I realize with this full I really will need to go slower in the beginning.  I had been running about an 8 mile pace in my halfs and getting my best of 1:50.  The full will be interesting!

So, have you ran a full?  If so, when and where?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to fRAN'S RUN BLOG!