Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What Inspires Me?



I'm always looking for anything that inspires me!  People like Olympian, Oscar Pistorius , an amputee who ran in the 2012 Olympics or Olympian-WOW!, Dara Torres, age 41 she medaled at the 2008 Olympics in her 100 meter freestyle and nearly placed for the 2012 Olympics.  The kids on the track team that I get to help assist coach, inspires me, little kids with big, amazing singing voices inspire me!  My kids inspire me with their hard work they do in their games on those hot days.  People in their 80's and 90's who are still competing!  We can be and do anything we set our minds to.  LET NOTHING HOLD YOU BACK!!!

 I really love to run and I look for anything positive to put in my life that will keep me going.  It doesn't always have to be something related to running that will inspire me.  For example, I just saw this video about a former cheerleader, 36 year-old Army Lietenant, Jalyessa Walker who destroyed the world record for most consecutive backflips!  She only needed 36 but did 49 of them and that was because she ran out of room.  Can you say, "WOW"!  That is amazing!  The previous record was by a 16 year-old.  

I'm 42 years old.  I've been out of running for over 20 years.  With training I feel I'm getting faster.  I've been at it for almost a year now and have entered about eleven or twelve races this year.  I would say I'm a little competitive with myself.  I'm trying to get as close as I can to my high school cross-country time.  I was told that I would never get to where I was in high school.  Love that challenge!  Actually, the last time I found was just over 19 minutes and I'm at 24:01 right now and that was on a sick day so I know I can do it.  I told someone I wanted to run a half marathon but that I knew I'd get competitive and would want to win it.  I was told I wouldn't win a half marathon, but I placed 3rd overall female the very first time I ran one and got 2nd in my age group so far.  Don't ever feel discouraged when you hear something like that.  Let it help you push yourself more.  I'm so excited for Lieutenant, Jalyessa Walker, how cool!  I'm not sure of her story and what prompted her to take on the challenge, but she did and I feel more inspired this morning, especially after deciding that I will run my first marathon in March, 2013!  I want to enter some national competitions one day soon.  I've looked at some what they call "Masters" track & field/cross-country for ages 40 and up I'll be working and training hard so I can be the best I can be.  It feels so good to accomplish a major challenge in your life.

Watch Jalyessa's video on the link below...

http://bcove.me/rpo2yivh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to fRAN'S RUN BLOG!