Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My 2nd Half Marathon...TRI-STATE MOTHER ROAD MARATHON (half and 5k)


Well, I ran my second half on Sunday, October 14th.  It was called the Tri-State Mother Road Marathon.  It was not bad.  The weather was great, but had a few long inclines I didn't care for, LOL!  We started in baxter Springs, Kansas running through Riverton, kansas, Galena, Kansas and finished in Joplin, Missouri.  I finished with a new record of 1:53.21.  For most of the race my pace was between 8 and 8:30 and the very first mile was 7:30, but it was the last 4 miles or so that got me slowing up, especially by the last 2-3!!!  If it were a flat course I probably could have been around 1:49:00 or so.  I placed 2nd in my age group and that was really nice!  Very happy!  Now, I am planning on my third half.  There's one coming up November 4th in Springfield.  More details on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to fRAN'S RUN BLOG!